Mittal Panday Scholarship [Post Graduate]
Mittal Panday Scholarship Girls (Post Graduate) was reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and approved by the Board of Trustees in the meeting held on 23 Feb 2021. These scholarships are now named as Mittal Panday Scholarship (Post Graduate) and would be applicable from the academic session 2021-22.
Purpose of the Scholarship
The purpose of the scholarship is to help the students to meet the tuition fees and hostel expenses for post graduate courses.
- The applicant for the scholarship should be a student of 1st year of M.A/M.Sc/M.Com/M.Tech/MBA/MCA/M.Ed/MS/MD/PG Diplomas etc. The student will apply for the scholarship giving all the necessary details as per prescribed application form (Annexure A), duly recommended by the Principal.
- The student should have secured 70% marks in the graduate examination. For the scholarship to continue, the student has to obtain minimum 60% marks each year. In the event of failure to score this percentage, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The scholarship amount will be disbursed as follows: -
- Students whose parents’ total income is up to Rs.5,00,000 (Rs. Five Lacs only) per annum, will be eligible for the scholarship.
- The certificate of income of the parents, from the Employer or an affidavit, in case of self-employed, duly attested by Notary Public has to be submitted along with the application duly attested by the Principal of the College.
- The student should not be a recipient of any other scholarship or financial aid from the Govt. or Non-Govt. agencies.
- The benefit of scholarship should be allowed up to a maximum of two members in a family.
- Preference will be given to the recipients of Mittal Panday Scholarship Girls (Graduate).
- All students who are in receipt of a scholarship under Mittal Panday Scholarship (Meritorious) will also be eligible to apply for a scholarship under this scheme.
- The scholarship cheque is issued in favor of applicant and will be given once in a year at a function held by the Trust in the month of November at the Sat Paul Mittal National Award function.
- Further, to decide about the amount of scholarship to be given, information on Fee structure was collected from various Govt/Private Colleges like Govt. College for Girls, Khalsa College for Women, Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Women, DD Jain Memorial College for Women & SCD Govt. College Boys providing post graduate-courses.
- Taking into consideration the existing fee structure across different colleges/universities in India, it is decided that subject to the eligibility criteria, a student getting admission in Post Graduate courses like M.Com/MA/M.Sc./PG Diplomas and others would be paid a maximum of Rs.20,000/- per year or actual, whichever is lower.
For Professional courses like MBA/MCA/M.Tech/M.Ed./PG Diplomas and others across different colleges/universities in India: students would be paid a maximum of Rs.25,000/- per year or actual, whichever is lower.
- For continuance of scholarship, the student would provide a certificate from the concerned college along with copy of the mark sheet that he/she has obtained at least 60% marks each year. In the event of failure to score this percentage, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
Note : Decision of the Trust will be final.