Mittal Panday Scholarship [Meritorious]
Mittal Panday Scholarship (Meritorious) was reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and approved by the Board of Trustees in the meeting held on 23 Feb 2021. This would be applicable from the academic session 2021-22, both for existing recipients as well as new applicants.
1. Purpose of the Scholarship
- The purpose of the scholarship would be to encourage and motivate the brilliant & meritorious students to continue to perform better in their further studies/careers.
- The Trust would provide tuition fees & hostel expenses to support the student in his/her higher education till the completion of the degree/professional course.
2. Eligibility criteria:
- Students standing first in 10+2 examinations conducted by the CBSE/CISCE/Punjab School Education Board in Medical, Non-Medical, Commerce, Social Science/ Humanities streams in Ludhiana District would be eligible.
- The scholarship is to be given only to those students who get admission in institutes providing Medical, Dental, Engineering, Science, Commerce, Humanities and Social Sciences undergraduate courses in the same year. If the student does not get admission/fails to get admission in the same year after passing 10+2 examination, he/she will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholarship would be provided for Under Graduate courses for the entire duration of the course in which the student gets admission.
- The students would have to score minimum 60% marks every year for continuation of the scholarship till graduation. In the event of failure to secure required percentage, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The names of the students topping the 10+2 examinations in Ludhiana District would be ascertained from different sources immediately after the declaration of respective results.
- If the student is in receipt of any similar type of financial support from some other Government or Non-Government agencies, he/she would not be eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarships will be approved by the Scholarship Committee constituted by the Trust.
- On completion of graduation course, the student would be eligible to receive Mittal Panday Scholarship (Post Graduate) if he/she wishes to continue with further studies. Eligibility criteria as laid down in Mittal Panday Scholarship (Post Graduate) will have to be met.
3. Financial Support
- MBBS Course: Students who get admission in MBBS course in any medical college in India will be eligible to receive a scholarship of a maximum of Rs. 5,00,000 (Rs. Five Lac only) per year or actual expenditure, whichever is less, for the duration of the course.
- BDS Course:b> Students who get admission in BDS course in any dental college in India will be eligible to receive a scholarship of Rs.2,00,000 (Rs. Two Lac only) per year or actual expenditure, whichever is less, for the duration of the course.
- Engineering or Equivalent Courses: Students who get admission in professional courses in any engineering college in India will be eligible to receive a scholarship of Rs.3,00,000 (Rs. Three Lac only) per year or actual expenditure, whichever is less, for the duration of the course.
- Undergraduate Courses: Students who get admission in any undergraduate degree course in any of the subjects that are part of Commerce, Humanities, Science or Social Science streams, in any college in India will be eligible to receive a scholarship of Rs.1,00,000 (Rs. One Lac only) per year or actual expenditure, whichever is less, for the duration of the course.
- The scholarship amount will be disbursed as follows: -
- a. Students whose parents’ total income is up to Rs.5,00,000 (Rs. Five Lacs only) per annum, will be awarded 100% of the scholarship amount.
- b. Students whose parents’ total income is more than Rs.5,00,000 (Rs. Five lacs only) but up to Rs.10,00,000 (Rs. Ten lacs only) per annum, will be awarded 60% of the scholarship amount.
- In case the income criteria are not met, the student will be given a merit certificate along with an award of Rs.10,000.
3. Application Process.
- Once the students have taken admission, they should inform the Trust giving complete details vis name of the college/university, annual fees, copy of the prospectus etc. in the prescribed application Form (Annexure A), duly recommended by the Principal.
- The Trust would then write to the Head of the Institution informing the decision of the Trust of providing financial support to the student and that the fees would be sent directly to the institute on account of the student. However, in case the fee has been paid by the student, it shall be reimbursed after proof of the payment has been submitted by the student.
- The Institute should share the annual schedule for depositing fees along with their Bank Account details.
- Once the payment is remitted, a copy of the same will be sent to the Head of the Institution and the student for their information.
- The scholarship will be given as per the payment schedule of the institute.
- The scholarship cheque is issued in favor of applicant/Institute & given at the time of Sat Paul Mittal National Award function in November.
Note : All decisions of the Trust will be final.